Sunday, June 27, 2021

The Vacation

 

The Vacation

Here we are

Covered in ticks

The children lunging toward the pond

In defiance of any vestigial sense

Of self-preservation.

When we enter

My monkey tries to break the dishwasher

Then the washing machine

Before settling on spraying water about the kitchen.

Later we lock ourselves out of the cabin

My phone and the car keys inside.

Whenever we eat at a restaurant

My monkey howls and throws feces

While my juvenile ape eggs him on.

When it is bedtime they jump and laugh

And beat each other, bouncing off of the daybed 

Like caffeinated frogs.

After two hours, there is nothing left in the tank

and so we lie down for an uneasy sleep.

 

The next time I'll light my money on fire.

 

It was an experience. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conan Brothers Q&A

  RedditUser1324 asks "WTF am I even doing? I spend all my time consuming vapid content on social media platforms while my own creative...