Sunday, May 16, 2021

New Music Video: About A Girl

 

This is my favorite Nirvana song. I originally tried to sing it an octave higher like Kurt does, but my voice couldn't cut it, so I went with a double-tracked Elliott Smith whisper. The arrangement consists of two finger-picked guitars; one does the original chord progression, while the other adds dissonant lines of my own creation. I put a piano in there as well, but I'm only playing the root notes of the chords for the most part, and my timing is a little rough. However, I'm happy with the end result. I made the song more of a moody blues piece. I did mess up the lyrics, but oh well, personal interpretation and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Game Review: Evil West

  Evil West is a western-themed horror shooter by Polish developers Flying Hog, who are known mostly for their reboot of the Shadow Warrior ...