Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Writer's Block: Death of a Nation


Let's go outside and breath

The ragged air

Cloth strapped to our faces

Our hands clean and pink

To burn beneath the summer sun

Every day we see the price of denial

Every day we watch as things pass

It's the easiness with which we ignore reality

That really bothers me

Everything is fine

The sky is still blue

I can still breath

At least, I can today.


What will tomorrow bring?

Will the homeless stand in the streets?

Will the jobless pay their rent ?

How many band-aids can we tape across

The bleeding arteries?


I have my routine, my circle of people

My isolationist's gift

As the months pass and the grass dries

I wonder what fresh horrors await

You can hope but time keeps no promises

There is no such thing as a sure thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conan Brothers Q&A

  RedditUser1324 asks "WTF am I even doing? I spend all my time consuming vapid content on social media platforms while my own creative...