Thursday, December 1, 2022

Random Observations: Intermittent Fasting; Juggernaut AI; LG B2 OLED Review

 

Yeah, it's nice.

--So I've been doing intermittent fasting for a couple of months now, and I really recommend it to just about anyone. I've lost maybe a pound or so around my waist, which is nice, but the real benefit for me is better mental health. I don't seem to suffer from the manic moods I've been struggling with for the last couple of years anymore; my over-all mentality is similar to the peace of mind one receives after a meditation session. There are all sorts of dopamine receptors in your gut, and perhaps having a good sixteen to eighteen hours where those receptors aren't being stimulated is good for not just your body but your mind. My energy levels are improved as well, so I think I'll continue skipping breakfast for the considerable future.

--I've been on Juggernaut AI for almost an entire year, and it is, quite simply, the best way to train for me. I can switch around exercises if I wish, but the main lift volume is never changed (although you have the option) and all those sets of eight and ten during your hypertrophy blocks build some dense muscle. Volume doesn't scare me anymore. I do five sets of ten to eight reps all the time, sometimes after doing an RPE set of 10. I really don't see how anyone could fuck up on the AI unless they didn't push themselves or they just gave up. It's nothing fancy, and you could figure it all out on a spreadsheet (block periodization with autoregulation mixed in) but I'll take the app, thank you, and save my time. 

--I've never been a tv guy. I used a 42 inch Hitachi for a decade before replacing it with a ONN (Walmart brand) 55 inch 4k. However, the latent consumer whore in my soul has awoken recently, and I purchased an LG B2 55 inch OLED on Cyber-Monday for the sweet price of 999. OLED is a new technology that features great contrast and brilliant color reproduction not capable on your average LED set. Rings of Power looks great; I can see phenomenal detail in the dark scenes. Even 1080p content looks awesome, since the color reproduction is so beautiful. This set also has Freesync compatibility and a 120 Hz refresh rate, although I couldn't find an HDMI 2.1 cable long enough to reach my pc at Walmart, so I settled with a fifteen footer that maxed out at 4k 60 Hz. Even so, Elden Ring looks rich and vibrant and the input lag is almost as good as my monitor. So yeah, good purchase, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad Poetry: Getting Old

  To wake up Is to stretch the shoulders Pull on the neck Pop the back Crack the knees Bend the joints and listen To the cacophony of sounds...