Friday, October 2, 2020

Conan Brothers Q&A

 

ElectionLarry asks "Holy shit, Trump has coronavirus! How does this affect things?"

Dave: Who the fuck knows.

Arnold: I guess there is some justice in the world. The President has spent months pretending that the coronavirus doesn't exist, and now he has it.

Dave: His supporters won't care.

Arnold: I'm starting to believe more in a Biden blow-out. He's had a seven point national lead for sometime, and he's leading in all the swing states. Sure, Trump's base of morons are loud (as morons tend to be) but this might be the final nail in the coffin.

Dave: If you're a QAnon supporter, you're too stupid to change your mind.

Arnold: True. The Right has lost its mind. Then again, are there sixty million true-blue crazies out there still? A lot of people voted for Trump in 2016 as a protest against the system. Are they going to show up?

Dave: Nobody knows. What if he dies from the coronavirus? What if he infected Biden during the debates?

Arnold: Christ, the conspiracy theorists will say the deep state poisoned Trump. The right-wing media will run with it, because they are composed of liars and manipulators. I can imagine with horror the pure chaos that will ensue.

Dave: Really, 2021 can't get here fast enough. I'm so tired of thinking about Trump and the shit-show he's reigned over the last four years.

Arnold: There's no guarantee it'll be over in 2021. That uncertainty is the worst feeling, living with the knowledge that this horrible human being may somehow drag our country down with him.

Dave: I like scrounging through wastelands in video games, not real life.

...

JoeBlow asks "You guys ever train for Strongman?"

Dave: Yes.

Arnold: Strongman is about picking up really heavy shit. The deadlift and the overhead press should form the backbone of your training in the weight room. I'm thinking about ordering some Atlas stone molds. A log for pressing would also be nice, since I'm told that log pressing is different and not exactly like pressing a barbell overhead.

Dave: This article from EliteFTS  lays out a good three day press/pull/push program for strongman.

...


GamerDude asks "What are you guys playing?"

Dave: Dragon Age: Inquisition. Sort of.

Arnold: I can't get into the combat. Also, there's no healing spells.

Dave: A nightmare playthrough of Doom Eternal is good fun.

Arnold: Yeah, I'm still amazed how quickly I changed my opinion on that game. The added complexity to the combat gives it more replay value, as does the increased size of the levels.

Dave: Game of the year, so far.

Arnold: I can't foresee anything else coming out that I'll enjoy as much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Conan Brothers Q&A

  RedditUser1324 asks "WTF am I even doing? I spend all my time consuming vapid content on social media platforms while my own creative...