Sunday, May 25, 2025

New Music: Horror Stories

 

I wrote this in Muncie when I was staying in a tiny house for 300 dollars a month with some dude whom I never talked to and whose name I cannot remember. This version is the definitive one--it has a punk arrangement that always suited the song--and I managed to record it in about two hours today after getting the drums down. The guitar tracks are done with my Stratocaster on the bridge pickup with the tone knob rolled down to about 6, played through a TS-57 Tube Screamer and my Epiphone Blues Custom. You can get a good heavy tone with single coils! Humbuckers are cool, but I prefer the color of single coil pickups. Just my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weightlifting: A Minimalist's Powerlifting Routine for the Middle-aged Lifter

  Here's some greasy old fucker deadlifting At 41 years of age, some might say that's it's time to take it easy and leave those ...