Sunday, October 6, 2024

New Music: Time

 

I've had the chord progression for Time for ages. E to F#minor; C#minor to G#minor; G#m to Gm to F# minor; then A to B to resolve on the E for the verse.For the chorus, I'm moving a second inversion triad (the E major figure on guitar) from G to F# to A to E while the top E and B strings drone on. To finish the progression, I walk the G figure down chromatically to an F/G before resolving. Not super complex, but maybe a little more sophisticated than your typical rock song. As for the time signature, I believe it is in 11/8, or 5.5/4. It's a Bo Diddly beat, or something like it, but to program it into a drum machine, I had to utilize 22 bars, which would break down to 11/8. For the arrangement, I leaned into the clean tones of my stratocaster, which is just the perfect rhythm guitar, especially when set to the neck and middle pickup. The bass line is a little busy, but with guitar and bass panned to the right and left channels, they compliment each other nicely. This was a fun song to work on, and I think it sounds pretty sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad Poetry: Election

  Election Why the fuck Do we have to go through This shit again? America once again has a choice That shouldn’t be a choice at all. ...