Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Conan Brothers Q&A

 


PoliticalJunkie asks "Did the Dems do enough with the stimulus?"

Dave: What do you mean enough?

Arnold: A 2 trillion dollars stimulus package was way, way more than we were going to get if Mitch "I'm a fucking piece of shit" McConnell was majority leader. That being said, I wish they had raised the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour. That would have impacted so many people's lives, regardless of how popular or unpopular the public viewed it.

Dave: We're at the point where one political party (the Democracts) wants to have a functional government, and the other party (the Republicans) is completely against governance, as well as democracy. Fuck, the stakes are almost too high to nitpick, am I right?

Arnold: In addition to the 1400 dollar checks, the stimulus included an increase in the child tax credit from 2000 to 3600, an increase in the Earned Income Credit for unmarried people, and additional fund to help people purchase healthcare in state that did not op into the Medicaid expansion. All that's pretty progressive, so yeah, I guess they did enough, or rather, they did as much as they could, considering that their caucus includes Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, both of whom are better than Republicans, in that they actually vote to improve people's lives occasionally, but still suck.

Dave: Get as much done as possible, because God knows what'll happen in two years.

...

WorkoutBob asks "What are you doing in the gym nowadays?"

Dave: Making stones out of concrete.

Arnold: I'm doing a four day straight schedule, where I workout Friday (Bench, Rows, Squats), Saturday (Press, Deadlift), Sunday (Bench, Squat), and Monday (Press, Bench). Then I take three days off. I feel like I recover better this way, so that I'm ready to smash weights during the weekend.

Dave: A lot of people would say that schedule is asinine.

Arnold: Well, if you want to do some 5/3/1 variation, by all means, go ahead. That shit has never done much for me. What tends to work is whatever I personally figure out. Nobody else has my body and life, you know what I'm saying?

Dave: Nobody knows what you are saying.

...


DegenerationX asks "What are you degenerates playing on your PCs?"

Dave: Quake.

Arnold: Quake doesn't hold up quite as well as Doom. The levels are smaller, the color palette is brown, and the weapons aren't quite as satisfying. That being said, I really dig Trent Reznor's soundtrack. The whole thing is definitely a mood piece.

Dave: Also, Resident Evil 3 remake.

Arnold: Yeah, I've never played a Resident Evil game, and I'm liking this one. The controls suck, but I guess that's a series staple? I've run out of ammo a few times and been generally frightened. It's a fine old time, I guess.

Dave: You like playing a character with a rocking behind.

Arnold: Yeah, Carlos does have some nice cheeks. And the hair, man. What great hair.

Dave: You're a real funny guy.

Arnold: The funniest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Game Review: Evil West

  Evil West is a western-themed horror shooter by Polish developers Flying Hog, who are known mostly for their reboot of the Shadow Warrior ...