Saturday, July 13, 2019

Writer's Block: I Love You Like a Sock

A perfect gift for someone you hate.


Love You Like a Sock

I love you like a sock

Or a lightning bug

Or a little plastic dinosaur

Left behind to break your feet.

What stupid poetry we make

With words thrown carelessly around

Like discarded feet-sheathes

Gloves to keep the moisture in.

I can never remember

Where I put my socks.

What does that say about me?

Not anything.

Not anything at all.


The Second One

The date approaches, and we grow restless,

Tossing in our bed like angry children.

Someone needs to get this beast out of her

I pray that it will be more mild-mannered

Than the first one we removed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Music: Firefly

  A twelve-year old song that I wrote in Cincinnati. I don't believe it was ever played live, which is a shame, since it's a nice li...