Thursday, February 8, 2024

The Conan Brothers Q&A

 

ClusterBuck asks "2024, huh? You guys have any New Year's resolutions?"

Dave: New Year's Resolutions are for losers.

Arnold: So yes, we have plenty.

Dave: Stay jacked as I approach middle-age, outlast the coming political storm, improve my mental health.

Arnold: Recovery is an issue as I continue to lift into my mid-thirties. Sore connective tissue in my back and chest, elbow issues--it all sucks. As does the persistent feeling of tiredness that seems to accompany any hard labor.

Dave: Gotta up them PEDs.

Arnold: I started taking fish oil, although apparently it doesn't do anything as a supplement. A friend recommended collegian. I'm on a forced layoff from the weights after I sprained an ankle. I haven't taken a break from pumping iron for a full week in god knows how long.

Dave: You have to learn how to back off.

Arnold: The problem is that I enjoy lifting heavy and PRing too much to do that, Dave.

Dave: 'Tis the hardcore lifter's dilemma.

Arnold: This ain't no free ride. Life's not supposed to be pain free.

...

GamingPunky asks "What are you guys playing?"

Dave: Vampire Survivor.

Arnold: A mindless roguelite that's basically crack for your brain.

Dave: Also, Resident Evil 2.

Arnold: The remake. It's so good. The survival horror gameplay loop of unlocking new areas, inventory management (do I keep extra ammo for my pistol, or do I leave inventory space for any new items?), unkillable enemies (Mr. X!), and light puzzling is just exquisite. Still looks great, too.

Dave: I've also been trying to beat Halo Infinite's campaign on Legendary. On the Harbinger. That fight is such bullshit.

Arnold: Halo Infinite is much better than what hardcore gaming circles think. But it definitely has too many ridiculous boss fights. Bullet-sponge enemies are never fun.

...

 MargoRobberton asks "How do you guys avoid the winter blues?"

Dave: Lots of alcohol. Dnd. Too much time playing video games.

Arnold: Go outside. This has been a mild winter (thanks, climate change!). Take a walk.

Dave: Are you going to follow your own advice with your sprained ankle?

Arnold: Yes, in fact. It's not like it could get anymore swollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Game Review: Evil West

  Evil West is a western-themed horror shooter by Polish developers Flying Hog, who are known mostly for their reboot of the Shadow Warrior ...