Friday, June 17, 2022

Conan Brothers Q&A


NearSightedJabroni asks "How are you guys getting by? Inflation is out of control, gas prices are skyrocketing, and the government is doing nothing!

Dave: Yeah, this isn't the best time to invest in crypto.

Arnold: Tell me you cashed out.

Dave: Hold! You hold until they pry the imaginary money out of your cold, dead fingers!

Arnold: Meat prices have increased substantially, which is a concern for any red-blooded weightlifter, however, I've been trying to cut back on my animal consumption for the good of the planet. I've noticed that other healthy food like fruits and vegetables haven't become less affordable, so that's good. It's the Doritos and Oreos that are breaking the bank.

Dave: Are you saying that inflation might force Americans to eat healthier?

Arnold: Maybe? Fuck I don't know. Demand has to crater for everything to return to normal. Unfortunately, there's so much pent-up demand from the pandemic that the supply chain is still taking years to recover. I feel that this is a simple fact that most Americans seem oblivious of.

Dave: Naw, there's a gas price lever in the White House and Biden has it to the max, just because he hates us.

Arnold: He's certainly been pretty unlucky politically. People blame the guy in power when things go to hell.

Dave: Considering the fascist turn the Republican party has pulled, you don't have me very optimistic for the future.

Arnold: I'm sure it'll be all sunshine and lollipops.

...

LazyDave asks "Is the Juggernaut AI app worth it?"

Dave: Well, fellow Dave, that depends.

Arnold: Can you write out a block periodization plan, accounting for good and bad days, while also fleshing out your training with plenty of hypertrophy movements? Because that's all the "AI" is doing. However, I like the app quite a bit, even if it's expensive at 35 dollars a month. I don't have to keep a spread sheet. If I'm having a tough time with the volume, I can work at the lower end of the suggested weight range. It does take a lot of the thinking out of training, which is welcome. Done pretty good so far on it. Deadlifted 425 for 4, benched 255 for 5, squatted 325 for 5. First tied a PR, second was five pounds off of one, third was 35 pounds off. I'm not super hyped about my squat right now.

Dave: If you want to save money, just download a block periodization sheet.

Arnold: The huge library of accessory lifts with accompanying videos is a great reference that needs mentioning.

Dave: I have Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding under my bed if I ever need to look up an exercise.

Arnold: Fair point.


VideoIdiot asks "Have you guys played the Outer Wilds?"

Dave: I played the Outer Worlds and it was lazy Obsidian.

Arnold: No, the Outer Wilds, Dave. Completely different game set in space.

Dave: That would make it similar, not completely different.

Arnold: Superficially. Outer Wilds is an indie game about space exploration, not an RPG. It's somewhat similar to Subnautica, in that it's a nonviolent game that's constantly introducing the player to amazing worlds.

Dave: First time falling through the black hole in the center of Brittle Hollow is pretty cool. Or having a tornado in Giant's Deep fling your ass into space and then back again.

Arnold: Through alien sorcery, you have 22 minutes to explore the solar system before the sun supernovas and everything is reset except for your ship's log.

Dave: I want to contrast Outer Wilds' imaginative planets with what we just saw of Starfield at the X Box presentation.

Arnold: Bethesda showed us a rocky moonscape that could've came from Fallout. Pretty underwhelming.

Dave: Bethesda is the most known quantity in gaming. They've been making the same game since Oblivion. Anyone expecting the creativity of Outer Wilds is delusional.

Arnold: Anyway, play Outer Wilds. It's great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Old Music: Moonlight/Luna

  Two ancient songs, uploaded to Youtube because I think they're pretty cool. Moonlight is a dark synth-pop tune that I probably recorde...