Sunday, December 5, 2021

Forza Horizon 5: Halo Infinite Multiplayer


I've never been a car guy. For a decade, I drove a PT Cruiser for chrissakes. However, that doesn't mean that I'm immune to that particularly American fantasy, that of wide open roads meant to be traveled by gleaming hot rods capable of blistering speed. Forza Horizon 5 brings that fantasy to life, albeit through an idealized recreation of Mexico. You'll amass cars by random chance (earn enough accolade points and you literally spin a wheel to win some dream machine nobody anywhere close to my income bracket could ever hope to drive), barn finds, and prizes earned by winning races. There's a whole mini-game featuring car tweaking which I haven't touched, not being a gear head, but the sim aspects are light enough that you can literally just drive and have a good time. The game looks phenomenal, other than a few low res textures, and it really is the best low-stress time you can have with a game pad. I don't have a whole lot to say about Forza Horizon 5 other than just play it and have a good time.


Halo Infinite's free to play multiplayer is the most fun I've had with a multiplayer game since, well, Halo 3. 343 have brought back the feeling of classic Bungie Halo, and I've had a hell of a time reacquainting myself with the Needler, Battle Rifle, and Ghost. There aren't a lot of maps yet, but they are well-designed, with Live Fire and Behemoth being my favorites so far. It also runs like a dream at 1440p and High settings. The whole Battlepass controversy doesn't matter much to me; I don't really care about customizing my Spartan beyond changing the color of my armor. That being said, the choice to launch without a way of picking your gametype is pretty lame. Oddball is fun every so often, but I want to play Slayer, damn it! Crazy to think way back in 1999 I could boot up Unreal Tournament or Quake and not only pick my gametype, but also chose my map and the server. This post-matchmaking world we live in isn't too friendly to gamer choice. All the same, I'm loving the multiplayer and can't wait for the campaign to drop this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conan Brothers Q&A

  RedditUser1324 asks "WTF am I even doing? I spend all my time consuming vapid content on social media platforms while my own creative...