Thursday, April 8, 2021

New Video: Theme from a Tragedy

Put this together years ago when I was working on ambient/electronic music. The tune always struck me as something that would air during a particularly dismal scene. For all the songs I wrote during this period, I used a layered approach where an initial theme is compounded by increasing layers of complexity. This is a common approach in electronic music, where you can have a motif looping throughout a song very easily, and things like tempo changes are a little harder to pull off without the benefit of a live drummer as opposed to a drum machine. I enjoyed making all of these songs, which I tentatively put in a folder called "Winter Trees" but I've yet to return to making similar songs, preferring my garage rock niche. That being said, I find myself listening to ambient music very often these days. We'll see where TPM goes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conan Brothers Q&A

  RedditUser1324 asks "WTF am I even doing? I spend all my time consuming vapid content on social media platforms while my own creative...