Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Writer's Block: Even More Bad Poetry



Dinosaur

His name is Buddy

An anachronistic depiction

Of a monstrous predator

That lived 65 millions years ago.

My son has chewed off his tail

And filed his fangs with his teeth.

Thus maimed must the king of dinosaurs

Remain.

Upright. Broken.

Immortalized in plastic.

Perhaps they will put our bones together

And mount us in museums.

How will we look to alien eyes?

I lack the imagination

To offer any further speculation.

 ...

The Dog

Shut your goddamn mouth,

You old goat.

Somehow you still live

Despite all the plastic gloves you've eaten.

I promise I won't stuff you 

And sit you on the mantle

Like a piece of game.

When you die, I'll bury you

In the orchard 

Where you can finally get at the moles

Tunneling underground.

...

The River

Floating couches

go by on your swift currents.

I imagine fish struggle to breath

In your muddied depths.

When you give our refuse back to us,

We throw it right back.

We can do nothing but take from you.

I'm sorry.

Think of us as an aberration.

A momentary blight on the surface

of the earth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conan Brothers Q&A

  RedditUser1324 asks "WTF am I even doing? I spend all my time consuming vapid content on social media platforms while my own creative...