Thursday, January 28, 2021

Writer's Block: Winter Trees

 

The winds hits

On the hill

Slipping my feet

Cutting my face

In my hands

Saw and shears

It is time

For more trimming.

 

Cankers, rots

Branches broken

By fecund spurs

A tumor

A spot for feeding

It all

Has to go.

 

What do I think

While my shoulders ache?

I think about people

Politics

Ancient video games

My wife

My last days

In the sun.

 

Every season

Is a circle

Some hate this

And spend their lives

Running out of the loop.

I've been in a circle

For a while.

It grows larger

Every year.

How I feel about it

Changes

From season to season.

 

We are in the dying times

But we'll soon be elsewhere.

There's nothing left to say

There is plenty left to do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conan Brothers Q&A

  RedditUser1324 asks "WTF am I even doing? I spend all my time consuming vapid content on social media platforms while my own creative...