Sunday, July 14, 2024

Bad Poetry: A Week's Worth of Poems

 

10:00 PM

What am I doing

right now

but worrying

about the state of the world

Questioning

my place

at this very moment

this slip of time

that is always

sliding away

just as I am.

What did I do today?

I wrote it down

and maybe I’ll read it

In a week

a year

or never.

Did the writing help?

Everything helps

To cement the idea

of a person.

We’d all like to be someone

and not

a bunch

of passing

urges.


Nighttime Thoughts

nighttime

thoughts

are

just

the

worst.


Advice

Live in the moment,

For the moment

is all

you have.

Sure I sound

like some hippy shit

who doesn’t have a brain.

Who said a brain

was a good thing to have?

Jellyfish don’t have a brain.

You know how many millions of years

Jellyfish have been around?

Is the point of life

To stick around?

Or is it to reproduce

And fuck off for all eternity?

I dunno, man.

Just like

Live in the moment.


True Gold

Steven says that true gold

Doesn’t fear the test of fire.

I think he heard this from some anime.

Why Steven?

Why?


WTF

Theo’s birthday party

was an occasion

filled with Legos,

plastic dinosaurs,

and bouncy combat suits.

Someone shot Trump

through the ear

but missed his heart

or head,

likely for obvious reasons.

Is it possible to have a normal day

In the year 2024?



Peaches

Hot

  Yellow

  Squishy

Sticky

  Sugary

   Sweet

But

  Goddamn

   Do

  People

  Love

Them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Game Review: Black Myth: Wukong

  Black Myth:Wukong is this year's Jedi Survivor. It's a souls-lite with stunning graphics and compelling exploration that'll ch...