Thursday, November 24, 2022

Intermittant Fasting, Bulksgiving, and What Does It All Mean?

 

So I've been doing intermittent fasting for a couple months and it's worked well enough, having chipped away at the doughnut I've worn around my waist since I aged into my thirties. I haven't changed my diet so much as I've just skipped breakfast, as well as needless snacking. Doing so sensitizes the body to insulin, and more or less gives you back the metabolism you had when you were younger. What does this mean for Bulksgiving, the greatest of bulking holidays, the American tradition, the pie-eating, turkey-stuffing, mashpotato-popping extravaganza of disgusting gluttony? 

Well, hell, that's basically how I eat nowadays anyway. I usually have a huge lunch, and a pretty big dinner, and that's about it. Now, the four or five pieces of apple pie I'm going to consume today isn't standard, and certainly not recommended for anyone trying to decrease their insulin resistance. But you gotta live, brother. How many Bulksgivings do you think you have left? We live in a time of plenty, a gross time of over-indulgence and obesity. Maybe the future will have us consuming a plate of over-cooked green beans instead of the glorious feasts of today. You never know. So keep eating while you still can, big boy. I certainly will.

Prospective menu for today (subject to change):

Half a pound of turkey smothered in gravy. 

A substantial amount of mashed potatoes, accompanied by green bean casserole.

One or two rolls, consumed with butter.

Two pieces of apple pie with an excessive amount of whipped cream.

Probably a piece of cherry or pumpkin pie. 

A decent amount of seconds several hours later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad Poetry: Getting Old

  To wake up Is to stretch the shoulders Pull on the neck Pop the back Crack the knees Bend the joints and listen To the cacophony of sounds...