Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Writer's Block: Fall

 

If winter is the time of death,

Fall is the dying,

The giving of the ghost,

The passage of the leaves,

The transfer of greenery to yellow,

Red, and orange.

The last of the apples hang on

Branches losing their clothes;

The smell of vinegar fills my nostrils

While I dump my load in crates

As weathered as the trees.

Every season makes me an older man;

Every transfer of power takes its toil.

One day I might grow into the ground,

My limbs sinking like roots,

My arms reaching upward

For the waning rays of the sun.

It is something to be tied to a place;

It is a process becoming a haunt.

It is a walking of trails,

a stepping of steps,

a pattern of motion,

A marking of time and place preserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Old Music: Moonlight/Luna

  Two ancient songs, uploaded to Youtube because I think they're pretty cool. Moonlight is a dark synth-pop tune that I probably recorde...