Saturday, September 7, 2024

Bad Poetry: The Reward

 

The Reward

Is this the reward

for all of those years

of loneliness?

Standing outside

in the night

scrambling after

the poky-little puppy

as I desperately 

plead for her

to take a shit?

Yes,

I suppose it is.

 

Coffee

is the elixir

of life.

 

The Feeling

you get

late at night

when you've spent hours

decompressing

by playing video games

or watching junk tv.

It takes you

right before bed

and you scramble back

to the computer

to type a few words

and make yourself feel better.

It's not

enough.

 

Kids

are a joy

a burden

a shackle

and a gift.

They stress me out

beyond belief

but I wish I was young enough

To have another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Game Review: Black Myth: Wukong

  Black Myth:Wukong is this year's Jedi Survivor. It's a souls-lite with stunning graphics and compelling exploration that'll ch...