Thursday, August 19, 2021

A Tour of My Work Weightroom

 

I'm privileged enough to work with my family, and because of that I have a weightroom in their garage that I utilized about twice a week. It's not fancy, it's dirty and grimy, but it's convenient and I really don't need much else. The above picture shows a bench pressing station that my Dad bought me for my sixteenth birthday. I'm now 36, so I've certainly gotten my money's worth. The bench can be adjusted to a decline or an incline with the movement of a steel bar. There's a pulley system attached, with a high pulley for pulldowns and a low pully for cable rows. It also has a simple leg raise/curl station at the front. I've benched around 290 lbs on this station; for anything more, I prefer my power rack. I use the low cable station frequently, although it isn't really built for much more that 120 lbs or so. The leg curl station typically gets ignored.

To the right of the bench station is a pulley machine. I think it only offers about 100 lbs of resistance. I only use it for triceps pushdowns, and I'll often put a dumbbell atop its weights.


To the left I have a rack for squats and standing presses. That metal stool serves as a nice place to rest my ass during box squats. I've squatted 425 lbs off of it, which is probably a little foolish, although it is very solid. I have the following dumbbell pairs: 15, 20, 25, 30, 40. These get used for isolation exercises, although lately I've only really been doing curls. There's also an ez-curl bar that I didn't get in the photos.

I have one 45 lb Olympic barbell and 425 lbs worth of weights, making 470 the total amount of weight I'm able to lift at this gym. I do my deadlift day at my house, where I have 570 lbs of weights, but I usually don't deadlift that heavy so I could still get a good workout in at my work gym. Outside the garage, I have a 145 lbs Atlas stone that's great for conditioning. The only additions I'd like are a couple heavier Atlas stones. Otherwise, this simple gym has everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Old Music: Moonlight/Luna

  Two ancient songs, uploaded to Youtube because I think they're pretty cool. Moonlight is a dark synth-pop tune that I probably recorde...