Monday, September 23, 2013

Time Passes Ever so Quickly

I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've written for this blog. A big harvest at the orchard has kept me very busy (We've picked so many apples this year that even after adding a cooler extension, we still don't have enough room) and when you come home in the evening tired, you really just want a beer and a baseball game. In the Depths of the Valley, my work in progress, has just now reached 25,000 words, and I've been working on it for four months. I was unable to find a publisher for Black Box (which kind of got me down), but after the season slows, I'm going to edit it a final time and put it up on Amazon for a miniscule price. I think I need to focus more on short stories and getting published in magazines instead of writing 430 page novels and querying literary agents. In the meantime, I hope to update this blog with music and features. Mitch R. Singer, a character in my novel Black Box (and damn-near a real person) has agreed to write a segment for me entitled "Mitch R. Singer's Most Horrible Places in the World," so look for that soon.

What I've been watching: September baseball. The world's only Cardinals/Reds fan here. Only a handful of games to go!

What I've been playing: Xcom. A good tactical turn-based strategy game from the makers of Civilization.

What I've been listening to: The Jeevas, Elvis Costello, The Hives, House of Freaks.

What I've been lifting: On my third cycle of Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program, which is a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment